If you have recently lost a loved one, please accept our sincere condolences. In order to arrange a funeral, you will need to contact a funeral director, as they will take care of most the arrangements. Our local funeral directors are listed below. There are, however, a few points you’ll need to consider:
- You don’t need to be a church member to have a funeral in church.
- A member of our leadership team will work with you to put together the funeral service.
- A member of our leadership team will be more than happy to offer emotional support during this difficult time.
- If you decide to have your loved one buried, this can take place at the cemetery on Burgh Lane, Mattishall, or in the churchyard at St. Peter’s church, Mattishall Burgh. The churchyard at All Saints’ Mattishall is now closed.
- Alternatively, you can opt for cremation; our local crematorium is in Norwich. Cremation often takes place following a church service. At the crematorium, a member of our clergy can lead a short service of thanksgiving.
- All charges for services are included in the fee paid to the funeral directors. However, except expenses, members of the clergy receive no payment for their services.
For more information about arranging a funeral, visit www.churchofengland.org
If you would like someone to visit you to talk about funeral arrangements or to support you as you come to terms with your loss, please don’t hesitate to contact the church office.
- W.C.Littleproud & Son – Hale Road, Bradenham, IP25 7RA T: 01760 440269
- RJ Bartram & Son – 17 Theatre Street, Dereham, NR19 2EW T: 01362 699484
- H.H. Aldous – 53 Baxter Row, Dereham, NR19 1A T: 01362 692233
- G. Barber – 43 Norwich Road, Dereham, NR20 3AS T: 01362 700505