If you’ve just got engaged, congratulations! We’d love to help you as you prepare for your marriage.
- If you would like to book a wedding, please contact the church office.
- We’re committed to making marriages which last a lifetime. Therefore, in the run up to the wedding, a member of the clergy may offer wedding preparation sessions to support you as you prepare for married life.
- A member of the clergy will also work with you as you plan your service.
- A few days before the service, there will be a wedding rehearsal so that you know exactly what will happen on the day.
- If you or your fiancé(e) have been married before, any subsequent marriage will be at the clergy’s discretion – they are not legally obliged to marry you.
For more information on church weddings, visit http://www.yourchurchwedding.org
In order to get married at All Saints’ Mattishall, you or your fiancé(e) will need to fulfil one of the legal requirements listed below.
- You normally live within the parish of Mattishall.
- You are on the church electoral role – to join the electoral role, you will need to attend church for six months.
- You were baptised at All Saints’, Mattishall.
- You were confirmed at All Saints’, Mattishall and the confirmation was entered on the church register.
- You have a parent or grandparent who was married at All Saints’, Mattishall.
- You have a parent who had his or her usual place of residence within the parish for a period of at least six months during your lifetime.
- You have a parent who regularly attended All Saints’, Mattishall for a period of at least six months during your lifetime.
All fees are dependent on a number of factors, the following prices give an approximate guide to the costs involved.
- The fee for the wedding service is set by the Church of England. The actual fee will depend on your personal circumstances, but will be around £440. For up to date fees visit: http://www.churchofengland.org/weddings-baptisms-funerals/fees.aspx
- An organist for the wedding will charge approximately £60.
- Bell ringers charge approximately £80 – subject to the availability of ringers.
- Utilities charge – this includes heating, cleaning and preparation of the building approximately £25.
- Verger – the verger is responsible for the logistics of the service – making sure the building is unlocked at the right times, making sure seats are in the right places . They also liaise with ushers and the wedding party on the day.
- Sometimes the worship band is available if you want a more contemporary style of music for your wedding. The charge is £70, although this fee goes to the church; members of the band don’t get paid for their services.